How You Can Help
Women & Children’s Emergency Shelter in Winnipeg
As a registered non-profit in times of fiscal prudence and increasing operational costs, donations and fund-raising are vital and help us to provide quality care and services for the women and children who come through our doors.
Hosting a fundraising event is a wonderful way to let women and children, who come to us from situations of violence and abuse, know that they are cared for and supported by their community. It’s also a great way to raise awareness about family violence and abuse, as well as available services.
Any type of event (small or large) helps! Some ideas are:
- Collections at work or school (monetary or in-kind donations) i.e., bake sales, wear jeans day, etc.
- Organized drive for in-kind donations
- Events which require an entry fee, i.e., golf tournament, galas, breakfasts, 5k/10k walk or run
- Gifts on behalf of another person, i.e., donation in lieu of a birthday gift
- Planned giving/estate gifts
Contact us at 204-615-0313, ext. 237 to request our third-party fundraising application and with any questions – thank you!